Sunday, January 13, 2008



On Crutches But Not Idle.

It has been a very long six weeks. I go to see my surgeon tomorrow and hopefully he will take my crutches away. My husband said if they wanted me to remain on crutches the he would most likely have to take me out and shoot me. I suggested large amounts of Dark Chocolate instead. But just because I have been on crutches does not mean I have been idle. I spend several hours in my studio each day hand dying fabric. I have a tall rolling chair so I am able to move around somewhat. And I have been experimenting with some new colors. I really can't wait to start marbling.

The photo above is of a quilt that has been in the works for ever. It's Queen size and I'm hand quilting, so I quilt in spurts. Having been slowed down by the whole crutch thing has given me time to quilt. And having a new quilting frame really makes it more fun. Nothing like having the right equipment for the job.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bear paw quilt is gorgeous. I've never seen it done with marbled fabric and it is striking, especially with the black background.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home