Wednesday, February 28, 2007




It has been snowing, so I have been working in my studio. The latest creation is my version of Dancing Tree by Caryl Bryer Fallert. As always I took the pattern and made it my own. It is a very simple silhouette of a tree. I started by taking a piece of my hand marbled fabric (Ugly Duckling in the Freestyle design) I did some free motion stitching on it to bring out some of the lines. Followed by cutting out the tree silhouette/border and attaching that on top. then it was fun and experimenting with free motion stitching. Is it finished? I have no idea. My brain has a habit of coming up with things while I'm asleep.
My husband call this on the "Haunted Tree" and I call it "Sunrise on Venus"

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! i love it!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger swooze said...

This quilt is gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home