Wednesday, January 31, 2007


WOW! Just received the batiks I ordered for my business. I thought I would share a sampling with you. Might I say that they are even better in person. They are produced totally by hand using traditional methods. The artisans start by using a very high quality cotton fabric. I also love the fact that the artisan that make them are paid a fair and live able wage. Batik is a skill that has been handed down for generations. It also gives the young people of the villages an opportunity to stay and work in their village for a fair and live able wage, rather than being forced to move to the city.
I can't wait for everyone to see them. And I can't wait to use them. These batiks will be perfect for quilting. I have some larger pieces (2.5 yards) that will be wonderful for clothing. I envision stitching on them, beading adding them to pieces. So many ideas and so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home