Wednesday, February 21, 2007








You could say I really had one of those days yesterday. I wanted to get some photos posted of my latest project. I got it all set up for photos an then discovered the battery was dead. So I went outside to play with the dog and it started rain sideways. And then it just went downhill from there.

But today is a new day and the sun is out. And here is my latest project. I combined hand marbled fabric with some bleach discharge, hand dyed fabric and some freehand machine stitching. I used 4 Fat Quarters of hand marbled fabric in Chocolate Brown. I chose it after doing the bleach discharge, because you never know just what you will get until it's done. I used ferns from my yard and stitched a vein with a shiny Gold thread, on them to bring them out a bit. It needed a little punch so I found the Orange/Yellow hand dyed fabric in my stash. And then outlined it all with black. I'm really happy with the overall effect and even better it is comfortable to wear. And now hopefully now I am out of my brown phase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home