Thursday, May 10, 2007

The sun is out and it makes it really hard to work inside. I have been marbling for the past few weeks. I have been happily replenishing my stock. Yes, I do have some quilt shows coming up this Summer. I have been experimenting with new designs. And in the process found an old one. It's called the Waved Icarus. I can't wait for them to cure so I can show everyone. That is one frustration with marbling you have to wait for it to cure, wash and iron before you can show it off.

I plan to try some new dye combinations in the next few days. I can't wait. I purchased Dyes & Paints A Hands-On Guide to Coloring Fabric by Elin Noble. It's a little spendy but has tons of excellent information in it. I'll be experimenting with a couple of new methods and new colors.

Just a little note about gas prices. A Canadian study just announced today that Yes consumers are being gouged at the pumps. After Hurricane Katrina the Big Oil Companies discovered that consumers would pay big bucks for gas. So they are going to keep raising the prices until we quit buying so much. I only go to town twice a month. I'm doing my, part are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home