Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I think I have recovered from my weekend. I spent the weekend in a little place called Napavine, WA with the Rainy Daze Quilt Guild. It was the first time the guild had put on a quilt show. They did an excellent job of displaying the quilts. I was impressed by the variety of quilts that were hung. From very traditional quilts in very traditional fabrics to hand painted art quilts. They also had a number of portrait quilts.

I always learn something new at each show:
Many hand quilters love wool batting. My friend Jodi from Bear Paw Quilts sells wool batting from her neighbor's sheep. The really fun part is that each batting has the name of the sheep that the wool came from.

I'm also test driving a lap quilting frame. Since my auto accident the quilting frame that I have is uncomfortable to use. I find myself not hand quilting, because of the discomfort. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home