Wednesday, April 30, 2008







I just joined the local quilt guild. Around16 women and only 3 or 4 have quilted before, but the rest are eager and willing to learn. Before I joined the Sew 'n' Sews made a quilt to raffle off to raise money for the new library building. And now a couple of other community groups would like fundraising quilts as well. So we were asked to choose a color, a block and make three blocks, Brights, Country and Pastels, using white for the background. This was a real challenge for me. I generally audition colors and put together what feels right. I seldom use pastels or white unless it is a focus color. Well, I don't draw inside the lines very often either. It was great fun to get out my stash and see just how many shades of green I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home