Monday, October 23, 2006


Hand marbling fabric is one of my greatest joys in life. Creating wonderful things out of my fabric is another. I am one of those fortunate people that has many ideas exploding out of my head. Soon after I started marketing my fabrics I discovered that not everyone is ready to design their own quilts. So I started searching for patterns to help encourage, inspire and show off my hand marbled fabrics. I thought I would share with you my version of Moon Explosion by Patricia Bravo (yes, I do have the pattern for sale). I like this pattern because it can be constructed by beginners to advanced quilters. It is a great way to use up scraps and it can easily be customized. Cut out the pieces, play with the pieces until you like the arrangement, attach them and sew them in place. I found it turning into an experiment in thread painting. I just tried different threads and had fun with the stitching, style and technique. You will soon discover that I do not color inside the lines and my version is a perfect example of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home